Ritchies

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
      Hello All,
      this is mainly for Alex. Ritchie but any replies most
      welcome.I have the following family for Robert Ritchie and Jessie
      Reid.JAMES RITCHIE bn.1857 died 1859.
      CHRISTINA bn.1859 died 1942.
      ISABELLA bn. 1861
      JANE bn. 1863 died 1871.
      ROBERT bn 1865.
      ALEX. bn. 1867 died 1922.
      ELIZA bn.1869 died 1871.
      JANET bn. 1871.
      JAMES bn. 1874 died 1935.
      MARGARET ? 1876?
      JOHN bn 1879 DIED 1956.
      Is this all the family or were there anymore?I can't seem to find
      anything on Margaret or Janet.I have spouses and or dates of deaths
      for all the rest.
      Best regards, Shona
    • Alex Ritchie
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
        For Shona :

        Hi Shona
        Sorry I can't add to what you have.
        I have only traced my imediate family line, that was through Alexander (Sandy) who died in 1922.
        But I have managed to go back the way from Robert Ritchie's father James and his father John. John being my Great-great-great-great-grandfather. I imagine you'll already have all that ?

        Best Regards....................Alex Ritchie.

      • Shona
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
          Hello Alex,
          as you say I have a fair bit of the family already.Have
          you got any family for James Ritchie and Christian Duthie?I just
          want to make sure I'm on the right lines and not up the wrang dreel
          as I've been before!So many Ritchies,Duthies etc.

          Best Regards,
          Shona
        • Shona
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2003
            For Alex.

            Hello Alex,
            I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
            Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
            who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
            James Ritchie born 1855.
            As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
            sure if you have the right family!

            I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.

            I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
            feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!

            Best Regards
            Shona
          • moresmall
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
              -Hi all.

              Just to add to the Ritchie confusion, I am looking to track down my
              Ritchie's from Rosehearty, think they are another family, again. My
              GG father was Joseph Ritchie, he married Mary Ann Mitchell and had 6
              children, Alexander, Jane (my grandmother), Christine, Jessie,
              Elizabeth and Louis. Joseph's parents were John Ritchie & Ann
              Taylor, from Pitsligo, they had 10 of a family, Elizabeth, Alexander,
              Margaret, Jessie, James, Mary Jean, John, Joseph, William & George.
              Any names sound familiar to anyone, love to hear from you. Regards
              Maureen.

              -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Shona" <luxorsun71@y...> wrote:
              > For Alex.
              >
              > Hello Alex,
              > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
              > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
              > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
              > James Ritchie born 1855.
              > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
              > sure if you have the right family!
              >
              > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
              >
              > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it
              somehow
              > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
              >
              > Best Regards
              > Shona
            • Alex Ritchie
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
                For Shona :

                Hi Shona,
                That's a coincidence you being in Boddam. I was up in
                Peterhead from Saturday (6th.) and came back home today !!
                Don't know where your Christian (b.1852) fits in. Who
                were her parents ?
                Ralph Reid was the step-brother of Janet Reid who
                married Robert Ritchie. Although they had the same father (William Reid),
                Janet's mother was May Strachan and Ralph's mother was Jane Foreman. Janet
                was about 15 years older than Ralph. Small World !!

                Best Regards........................Alex Ritchie

                > I have the same family names for James Ritchie and
                > Christian Duthie.I have two other names as well,Christian born 1852
                > who married a Rlph Reid in 1872.
                > James Ritchie born 1855.
                > As we said there are so many names all the same that you are never
                > sure if you have the right family!
                >
                > I have the same names also for John Ritchie and Margaret Duthie.
                >
                > I was at Boddam today and even though I was born in Angus it somehow
                > feels like I belong up north.I love visiting there!
                >
                > Best Regards
                > Shona

              • Alex Ritchie
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
                  For Maureen :

                  Hi Maureen,
                  Rosehearty is full of Ritchies. I think that's where
                  most of them originated. My Ritchies came from Inverallochy which is the
                  other side of Fraserburgh from Rosehearty. I havn't found any links in my
                  family tree with Rosehearty. I don't think I would have any connection with
                  your Ritchies but I suppose if we could go far enough back in time there
                  would probably be a link.

                  Best Regards...........................Alex Ritchie