Peterhead Parish Church

  • Derek Cuthbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Can someone give me some advice please.
      My wife's Great-grandfather WILLIAM LILLIE BARCLAY was married in Boldon
      County Durham and I've traced him through the 1881,1891 and 1901 Census when
      his place of birth is given as Peterhead SCT.
      A search of the IGI gave a William Lily Lendrum Barclay born in 1849 which
      ties in with his age in the three census. His parents were WILLIAM LILY
      BARCLAY and MARGARET WALLCE in the IGI and a further search turned up their
      marriage, again in Peterhead in 1849.
      My next step was going to be a search at Scotland's people but before I paid
      money I decided to use the free surname search and got a zero return for
      Barclay for 1845 - 1852. Are the Peterhead PR part of the Opts, the IGI site
      quotes the records as from Church of Scotland Peterhead Parish.
      Derek Cuthbert
      South Shields