Re: Margaret Shewan Nicol - 1851 census

  • wbuchan@bigpond.net.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Lesley,

      Sorry for the delay in replying to your message.

      Lesley Kennedy wrote:
      > I am searching for a Margaret (or possibly Ann) Shewan Nicol who was born > 2 Jan 1791 in Cruden and died 17 Jun 1860 in Kirktown. Her husband Thomas
      > Nicol died 13 Dec 1848 in Peterhead.

      Not sure if this is the right person.

      1851 Peterhead Census
      District 3, Page 10, No.30, Rose Street
      Margaret Nicol, visitor, widow, 66, Longside
      Thomas Nicol, son, unmar, Ship Carpenter, Peterhead

      Head of household is Alexander Mackenzie

      Regards, Wade
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2004
        Hi Lesley,

        Not sure if this is yours.
        District 3, Page 10, No.30, Rose Street
        Margaret Nicol, visitor, wid, 66, Longside
        Thomas Nicol, son, unmar, 26, Ship Carpenter, Peterhead

        Head of House is Alexander Mackenzie, age 39, Flesher from Rosshire

        Her age was given as 76 on the death certificate, so the census matches her age. Her birth is actually 23/10/1784 Longside parents: Alexander Shewan and Mary Smith (from IGI). Parents match given on death certificate.