Marriage List May/June 1852 In Parish of Peterhead

  • Gweneth Myers
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      G'day all
      I have a marriage certificate from the Old Parochial Register for the Parish of Peterhead, County of Aberdeen for 1852. I am researching Campbell and McKenzie. There are several other marriages listed on my certificate and thought I would share these names. If you have a connection I would be happy to scan the certificate and email it. They are extracted from the Register of Proclamation of Banns & Marriages dated 7 June 1852 and has a reference of 471 at top of the page.

      May 31st.
      Charles Davidson, Joiner, and Isabella Milne, both in this Parish
      June 18th.
      James Rofs, Farm-servant and Jean Johnston, both in this Parish
      June 6th.
      Richard Huxtable, Seaman, and Jean Jamieson, both in this Parish
      June 7th. (my husband's g.grandparents)
      Peter MacKenzie, Coachman, and Ann Campbell, both in this Parish
      June 10th.
      William Davidson in this Parish and Helen Bruce in Lonmay
      June 17th.
      Alexander Bruce, Labourer, and Penelope Yeats, both in this Parish
      June 17th.
      William Rothney, Farmer, Crimond and Sarah Hutchison, in this Parish

      Regards
      Gweneth,
      Melbourne, Au

    • LynT
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
        Hi Gweneth

        > I have a marriage certificate from the Old Parochial Register for the
        Parish of Peterhead,

        I would like to have the details on the DAVIDSON entries if you don't
        mind.

        > Charles Davidson, Joiner, and Isabella Milne, both in this Parish
        > June 18th.

        > William Davidson in this Parish and Helen Bruce in Lonmay
        > June 17th.

        Thanks from hot and sunny Queensland
        Lyn
      • 2Barbara Croker
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2003
          Hi Lynn,
          It seemed too much of a coincidence that I too have a Davidson married to a
          MILNE. Alexander MILNE married Grissel Davidson in Peterhead in 1827. I
          cannot find the birth dates or places, for either of them. They had four
          children that I know of. Margaret, b.1828, Alexander, b.1836, James b.
          1837, and Christian b. 1841. Grissel doesn't appear in the 1841 Census, so
          I am guessing that she died in childbirth just beforehand, though I cannot
          find it registered. Any connections with them?
          Regards Barbara

          >From: "LynT" <ljthom2003@...>
          >To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Marriage List May/June 1852 In Parish of Peterhead
          >Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:21:27 +1000
          >
          >Hi Gweneth
          >
          > > I have a marriage certificate from the Old Parochial Register for the
          >Parish of Peterhead,
          >
          >I would like to have the details on the DAVIDSON entries if you don't
          >mind.
          >
          > > Charles Davidson, Joiner, and Isabella Milne, both in this Parish
          > > June 18th.
          >
          > > William Davidson in this Parish and Helen Bruce in Lonmay
          > > June 17th.
          >
          >Thanks from hot and sunny Queensland
          >Lyn

          Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here