Fw: Welcome to Peterhead

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2003
      From: alf anzac
      To: Peterhead Moderator
      Sent: Thursday, 27 November 2003 8:27
      Subject: Re: Welcome to Peterhead

      I am researching James Lawrence (b. Peterhead 1797; d. Peterhead 1870) who was a seaman. He was the third child of John Lawrence and Christian Mackie who were married in Old Deer in 1790.

      James Lawrence married Isabella Watt (b. abt 1795 Peterhead; d. Peterhead 1875) in Peterhead in 1820. She was the daughter of Alexander Watt and Jane Webster.

      James and Isabella's children were: James (1821), Andrew (1822), William (1826), Margaret (1829), Isabella (1830, Elspet (1843).

      Margaret Lawrence married John Carr in Aberdeen. Of their six children, their third child (daughter Sophia) was born in Peterhead in 1859, and she was the only one to stay in Scotland, their only son having died as a child. After both parents died, four sisters emigrated to Australia.

      Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

      Alf