Farming Ritchies

  • wgm2409@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003
      To follow up on the correspondence on the non-seafaring Ritchies.
      My ancestors were Ritchies and farmers who originally hailed from Old Deer.
      John Ritchie married Barbara Hardy on 2nd May 1776 at Auchterless, their only
      child that I have found was David Ritchie my GGGrandfather,
      David Ritchie was born on 10th October 1784 at Old Deer and died of cancer on
      8 th January 1864 at Auchtygall, Peterhead .
      He married Elizabeth R Mundie on 30 December 1813, she was born in 1788 at
      Old Deer and died on 21 May 1878 at Buckie Farm, Peterhead.
      Their children were, Mary 1825 - 1906, William 1820 - 1867, James and
      Margaret 1824- 1913.
      Mary married Alexander Morrison at Peterhead on 6 June 1840 and they had 10
      children. One of their children, Alexander had 9 children so there must be
      quite a few of their progeny around but I have yet to find a living example!

      Bill Morrison