New Member:George John Davidson Thom

  • kithncousin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
      Hi Everyone
      I've been enjoying this message board for awhile and made a good
      deal of progress in my search for the Mitchell/Calder/Greig
      families.I'm now looking for the family of George John Davidson Thom
      brn April 17,1877 who married Elizabeth Mitchell Calder of Peterhead
      circa 1900.Their 1st? child Elizabeth Calder Thom was born about 1901
      in Peterhead as were 3 or four of their subsequent children.(The
      family emmigrated to western Canada before 1917.)Where help is
      needed re:George--Is there a birth record for him in Peterhead?If so
      who were his parents? He would have been 3-4 years old 1881 census
      and 13-14 1891 Census.Also,is there a marriage record for him and
      Elizabeth? Thanks for any help anyone would be able to offer.
      Sincerely, Valerie
    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2003
        Hi Valerie;

        The 1881 Census has George Thom with parents and siblings in Peterhead:

        Residence: 13G Seagate, Peterhead

        Robert Thom, Head, Cooper, age 44, born Phd.
        Betsy Thom, Wife, age 43, born Strichen
        Isabella Thom, Daur., age 14, born Longside
        William Thom, Son , age 14, born Longside
        Margaret Thom, Daur., Scholar, age 12, born Phd.
        James Thom, Son , Scholar, age 8, born Phd.
        George Thom, Son , age 4, born Phd.

        There is a marriage on the IGI for Robert Thom and Elizabeth McIntosh, 26 February, 1867 in Peterhead.

        Also from the IGI the following children born to Robert Thom and Elizabeth McIntosh:
        Margaret Glass Thom, 29 Jun 1868 Phd.
        Robert Thom, 22 Jul 1871 Phd.
        James McIntosh Thom, 08 Oct 1872 Phd.

        From the Peterhead web site:
        Death; Robert Thom, born 1871, died 1871 Phd. ref number 223; father Robert Thom , mother McIntosh.

        Hopefully this is your family.
        Linda Adam