Re: Ritchie's

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Ritchie" <alex@r...> wrote:
      > Hello Shona.
      > Thanks for the e-mail.
      >Hello Alex,
      The farm servant connection is through my father John Cooper not
      my Ritchie (mothers) side .My grandfather John Ritchie was a cooper
      to trade.
      I was in Glasgow this weekend and the saying"I'm fair dirt deen"is
      how I am feeling after a weekend shopping!
      Kind regards, Shona.
      I never thought that any of the Ritchies had
      > anything to do with farming....I always thought they were
      exclusively
      > associated with the sea.
      > I live in Renfrewshire now, about 12 miles
      west of
      > Glasgow, but still go up to Peterhead fairly frequently to visit
      my mother.
      > Both my wife and I are from Peterhead so there's plently of
      relations to
      > visit.....as well as do some family history research of course.
      >
      > Best Regards................Alex Ritchie

      John

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/