Re: [Peterhead] Ritchie's

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
      Hello Shona.
      Thanks for the e-mail.
      I never thought that any of the Ritchies had
      anything to do with farming....I always thought they were exclusively
      associated with the sea.
      I live in Renfrewshire now, about 12 miles west of
      Glasgow, but still go up to Peterhead fairly frequently to visit my mother.
      Both my wife and I are from Peterhead so there's plently of relations to
      visit.....as well as do some family history research of course.

      Best Regards................Alex Ritchie

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Ritchie" <alex@r...> wrote:
        > Hello Shona.
        > Thanks for the e-mail.
        >Hello Alex,
        The farm servant connection is through my father John Cooper not
        my Ritchie (mothers) side .My grandfather John Ritchie was a cooper
        to trade.
        I was in Glasgow this weekend and the saying"I'm fair dirt deen"is
        how I am feeling after a weekend shopping!
        Kind regards, Shona.

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/