Ritchie/Reid

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2003
      For Shona :

      Hi Shona,
      Robert Ritchie (who married Janet Reid) is also MY great-great-grandfather. He was born 24Nov1835 in Inverallochy and his parents were James Ritchie & Christian Duthie. James Ritchie's parents were John Ritchie & Margaret Duthie (they were all from Inverallochy, although James & Christian moved to Burnhaven then Peterhead).
      Robert Ritchie's son (Alexander) was my great-grandfather, and his son Alexander Ritchie my grandfather...and...his son Alexander Ritchie was my father.
      As you say, Janet (or Jessie) Reid who married Robert Ritchie, her parents were William Reid and May Strachan. May died in 1841 and William then married a Jane Foreman. William's parents were James Reid (from Thurso) & Margaret Williamson (from Slains Parish - probably from Collieston) - the Reids connect into Wade Buchan's family tree also. In fact Wade gave me quite a bit of information about them which I hadn't previously known.

      I'll be very happy to share any information I have about the Ritchies or Reids with you.
      Where are you located ? Do you live in Peterhead ?

      Best Regards....................Alex Ritchie