Re: New to group

  • moresmall
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
      --Hi Shona

      I have 2 John Ritchie's (father & son) in my family tree, John
      Ritchie _- no birth date, but he married Ann Taylor 26 June 1843 in
      Pitsligo. They had 10 children, was born 18 December 1857, my GG
      father was his brother Joseph, born 4 August 1860. Perhaps there
      could be a connection somewhere.

      Regards Maureen.

      > Hello All,
      >
      > I thought I would list the names in my tree first.They are Milne
      > Duthie, Reid,Ritchie,Taylor Mutch,Thom and Cooper.
      >
      > I am looking for information about the parents of Jessie(Janet)
      > Reid.She married a Robert Ritchie 26th May 1857.Her parents were
      > William Reid and May Strachan married 1835? The above Robert
      Ritchie

    • rlyon@beeb.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2003
        I noted you have the THOM surname on your list.

        If you come across an Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886) born and died at
        St. Fergus, with her parents being James Thom ( 1784-1872 ) and
        Isabella Chalmers ( 1788-1870 ) then I can provide further data on
        both of these lines ( Thom back another 2 generations and on one
        side of the Chalmers ancestry back another 3-4 generations to the
        mid 17th century in Stromness Orkney )

        Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886 ) is one of my Great Great
        grandmothers, marrying James Lyon in 1848 at St. Fergus and
        having three children, James Lyon (1851 -1938), George Chalmers
        Lyon (1849 - ? ) and Ann ( 1855 - 1860 ).

        Hope to hear from you if a link is found.

        Richard Lyon
      • Shona
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, <rlyon@b...> wrote:
          > I noted you have the THOM surname on your list.
          >
          > If you come across an Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886) born and died at
          > St. Fergus, with her parents being James Thom ( 1784-1872 ) and
          > Isabella Chalmers ( 1788-1870 ) then I can provide further data
          on
          > both of these lines ( Thom back another 2 generations and on one
          > side of the Chalmers ancestry back another 3-4 generations to the
          > mid 17th century in Stromness Orkney )
          >
          > Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886 ) is one of my Great Great
          > grandmothers, marrying James Lyon in 1848 at St. Fergus and
          > having three children, James Lyon (1851 -1938), George Chalmers
          > Lyon (1849 - ? ) and Ann ( 1855 - 1860 ).
          >
          > Hope to hear from you if a link is found.
          >
          > Richard Lyon

          Hello Richard,I have not found that name so far but will take a
          note for future reference,
          Regards, Shona