Re: [Peterhead] Hi, I'm new to the group.

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
      Maureen Small,

      I'm Ken May, and my G_Grandfather emigrated to NZ in
      1886, settling in Johnsonville, eventually.

      I'm interested in your May link. I'm also on email at
      kenjmay@...

      Regards

      Ken May

      --- moresmall <moresmall3909@...> wrote: > Hi
      every-one
      > My name is Maureen Small, I am tracing my ancestors
      > from N.Z. Was
      > born in Fraserburgh 1949, my parents Wilson & Jessie
      > Noble (nee May)
      > immigrated to NZ in 1959. Lines that I am following
      > are Noble,
      > Cardno, and May, Ritchie mainly. I belong to the
      > Fraserburgh &
      > Cardno yahoo groups, some-one told me that I may be
      > able to find out
      > more information via this group also. Currently
      > researching John
      > Cardno (21/10/1820) & Elizabeth Finnie (3/2/1824,
      > any one has info
      > that they would like to share. Also researching
      > Alexander Noble &
      > Alexander Cardno. I had a quick look into your
      > archives and
      > messages, but couldnt see any names, just checking
      > out the lead I was
      > given. Kind regards Maureen.

    • geddes_anne
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006
        Hi all

        I am just posting some of my family research - in the hope that
        someone out there is "doing" the same family. Here's hoping

        John GEDDES b? married Elizabeth FARQUHAR b? in 1845 in Rathen

        One of their sons - James Geddes b1854 in Aberdeen married Barbara
        Cardno THOMSON in Peterhead in 1879. Barbara was b1855 in Peterhead -
        parents William Thomson and Isabel MILNE

        One of their sons - John Geddes b? married Jessie Ann Davidson
        SLESSOR in Peterhead in 1906. Jessie Ann was b1889 in Peterhead -
        parents Robert Slessor and Mary(Ann) HARVEY

        One of their sons - George Slessor Geddes b1916 in Peterhead married
        Frances MAIR in Peterhead in 1939. Frances was b1916 in Portknockie -
        parents Francis George Mair and Anne CORDINER

        Their son James George Geddes is my hubby

        Do please get in touch if you recognise any of the names in my tree.

        Orraverybest

        Anne Geddes