New to group

  • Shona
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
      Hello All,

      I thought I would list the names in my tree first.They are Milne
      Duthie, Reid,Ritchie,Taylor Mutch,Thom and Cooper.

      I am looking for information about the parents of Jessie(Janet)
      Reid.She married a Robert Ritchie 26th May 1857.Her parents were
      William Reid and May Strachan married 1835? The above Robert Ritchie
      was my great grandfather.

      The Milnes and Duthies were mainly the Slains/Cruden Bay area, in
      fact my mother was born at 3 Green Street,Cruden Bay.Her Parents
      were at 12 Maiden Street,Petrehead(now a car park)Their names were
      John Ritchie and Maggie Bella Duthie.

      Would love to hear from anyone with any connections

      Kind Regards to all,
      Shona
    • moresmall
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
        --Hi Shona

        I have 2 John Ritchie's (father & son) in my family tree, John
        Ritchie _- no birth date, but he married Ann Taylor 26 June 1843 in
        Pitsligo. They had 10 children, was born 18 December 1857, my GG
        father was his brother Joseph, born 4 August 1860. Perhaps there
        could be a connection somewhere.

        Regards Maureen.

      • rlyon@beeb.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2003
          I noted you have the THOM surname on your list.

          If you come across an Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886) born and died at
          St. Fergus, with her parents being James Thom ( 1784-1872 ) and
          Isabella Chalmers ( 1788-1870 ) then I can provide further data on
          both of these lines ( Thom back another 2 generations and on one
          side of the Chalmers ancestry back another 3-4 generations to the
          mid 17th century in Stromness Orkney )

          Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886 ) is one of my Great Great
          grandmothers, marrying James Lyon in 1848 at St. Fergus and
          having three children, James Lyon (1851 -1938), George Chalmers
          Lyon (1849 - ? ) and Ann ( 1855 - 1860 ).

          Hope to hear from you if a link is found.

          Richard Lyon
        • Shona
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, <rlyon@b...> wrote:
            > I noted you have the THOM surname on your list.
            >
            > If you come across an Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886) born and died at
            > St. Fergus, with her parents being James Thom ( 1784-1872 ) and
            > Isabella Chalmers ( 1788-1870 ) then I can provide further data
            on
            > both of these lines ( Thom back another 2 generations and on one
            > side of the Chalmers ancestry back another 3-4 generations to the
            > mid 17th century in Stromness Orkney )
            >
            > Ann Thom ( c 1810-2/9/1886 ) is one of my Great Great
            > grandmothers, marrying James Lyon in 1848 at St. Fergus and
            > having three children, James Lyon (1851 -1938), George Chalmers
            > Lyon (1849 - ? ) and Ann ( 1855 - 1860 ).
            >
            > Hope to hear from you if a link is found.
            >
            > Richard Lyon

            Hello Richard,I have not found that name so far but will take a
            note for future reference,
            Regards, Shona