Steam mill

  • Janice OKeeffe
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2003
      Hi,

      I've just joined the group. I am researching, among others, the
      Cumming family who came from Peterhead and Longside.

      James Cumming, 1857 - 1900, married to Mary Brown, has steam mill
      proprieter on his death certificate. As the rest of the family were
      all farmers, I am curious to know how he came to own the mill.
      He died as a result of a burn to his scalp, and I wonder if this was
      due to an accident at the mill.

      Does anyone know about a steam mill in Mintlaw, Longside, or
      surrounding areas?

      Thanks,
      Janice
    • rickbenzies
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2003
        Just a short note that I will be going off line as of Nov 12/2003 & won't be back up till jan 2004 so please keep me on your records & hope to hear from you in the new year .the information tha I have been getting is been a lot of help .Again thanks for your time & group .Thanks again rickBenzies Ontario Canada

        I've just joined the group. I am researching, among others, the
        Cumming family who came from Peterhead and Longside.

        James Cumming, 1857 - 1900, married to Mary Brown, has steam mill
        proprieter on his death certificate. As the rest of the family were
        all farmers, I am curious to know how he came to own the mill.
        He died as a result of a burn to his scalp, and I wonder if this was
        due to an accident at the mill.

        Does anyone know about a steam mill in Mintlaw, Longside, or
        surrounding areas?

        Thanks,
        Janice

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2003
          A list member wrote:

          > Just a short note that I will be going off line as of Nov 12/2003 &
          > won't be back up till Jan 2004 so please keep me on your records &
          > hope to hear from you in the new year

          If you wish to leave the list temporarily you can log in at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peterhead/ and click on "Edit my membership".

          Then, under "Message delivery", select "No email".

          When you want to receive emails again, select "Individual emails" or
          "Daily digests" whichever you prefer.

          To leave the list permanently you can click on "Leave group" instead
          of "Edit my membership". Or, as shown at the end of every message
          from the list:

          To unsubscribe send a message to:

          Note the address is "Peterhead-unsubscribe" not just "Peterhead".

          Regards,

          Don

          Don Esslemont 06 353 7016
          Director, Decision Research Ltd 021 448 769
          don.esslemont@... www.decision.co.nz
          ********