RE: [Peterhead] Gammie ancestors

  • sam
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      There is a good chance that the house is still there, but note that the
      house numbers were changed in the 1950s. I would expect the house to be on
      the right hand side going up the street and halfway between the start and
      the first and only shop. However, some houses are off the main road and
      could possibly have been demolished and made into gardens!

      Sam

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
        >There is a good chance that the house is still >there, but note that the house numbers were changed >in the 1950s. I would expect the house to be on
        >the right hand side going up the street and halfway >between the start and the first and only shop.

        The shop is no longer there. The shop was closed and then torn down. It had been robbed a few times and the last time it happened the Lady that worked there was stabbed quite badly. The owner decided it was time to close it.

        Hazel