Gammie ancestors

  • Gerd Hønningstad
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      Would love to come in touch with someone who new my family Gammie, who lived
      in Peterhead. My mother was Evelyn Gammie, her parents were James Bisset
      Gammie and Margaret Gammie, nee Pennie. They lived in 18, Cairntrodlie,
      Peterhead. Does somone know if this house still is there? There were four
      children: Mabel, James, Evelyn and Hazel. They moved to Aberdeen about
      1921-22. Also interested in my Pennie family - my great grandfather was
      Alexander Pennie, I think he was a farmer who married Ann Robertson.

      Some pictures from about 1915-1930 would also be nice to see.

      My mother Evelyn married a Norwegian, so I live in Norway.

      Best regards
      Gerd Hønningstad
    • sam
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        There is a good chance that the house is still there, but note that the
        house numbers were changed in the 1950s. I would expect the house to be on
        the right hand side going up the street and halfway between the start and
        the first and only shop. However, some houses are off the main road and
        could possibly have been demolished and made into gardens!

        Sam

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
          >There is a good chance that the house is still >there, but note that the house numbers were changed >in the 1950s. I would expect the house to be on
          >the right hand side going up the street and halfway >between the start and the first and only shop.

          The shop is no longer there. The shop was closed and then torn down. It had been robbed a few times and the last time it happened the Lady that worked there was stabbed quite badly. The owner decided it was time to close it.

          Hazel