Re: [Peterhead] Milne Porter 1861 census

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2003
      Hi Barbara, the census film rental time ran out, I'll see if it's still at the Mormon's on Tuesday night, but I doubt it, the films are sent back to Sydney straight away.
      I had a look on the IGI and there's 4 children born to a James Milne and Elizabeth Stewart.

      Margaret Stewart Milne, brn 15th June 1859 Peterhead
      May Stewart Milne, brn 4th May 1861 Peterhead
      James Milne, brn 19th January 1864 Peterhead
      Alexander Milne, brn 29th March 1866 Peterhead
      Eliza Jane Milne, brn 19th September 1868 Peterhead

      On the 1881 census Elizabeth the mother is dead and James the husband is a Cooper, age 42.

      No children born to Alexander and Elizabeth though.

      I'll have a look on the fiche records at the Mormon's on Tuesday night, and get back to you by Wednesday.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2003
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "2Barbara Croker" <barbcroker@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Catherine (and all),
        > I've been looking at your lists and lists from other members ( of
        seamen for
        > example) and I have yet to come across Alexander PORTER married
        > Margaret MILNE (born 1828)When Alexander died in 1899 he was living
        at 3
        > Maiden Street, Peterhead. I cannot find any children for them,m
        and I
        > wondered if any of the census records would show them and children,
        if any,
        > residing somewhere. Can you help?
        > Also, ditto for Margaret's brother, James MILNE, (born 1839)
        married to
        > Elizabeth STEWART (b. 1837) - cannot find any children.
        > In the 1851 census they were living with their father, Alexander
        MILNE at
        > 118 Queen Street, PH.
        try this link:- http://home.clara.net/j.mann.taylor/family.htm
        there are a lot of milne's here.