Re: Sutherland

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 1999
      Hi David,

      David Wallace wrote:

      > I would like to have my ancestor interests posted to your list of
      > Peterhead researchers.

      I will not include David Sutherland unless he was married in Peterhead,
      since he wasn't born in Peterhead, but I will include your interests of:
      Jessie Robertson b.1851 Peterhead, parents David Robertson and Janet
      McPherson married Sutherland 1872 Peterhead

      Elizabeth Sutherland b.1876 Peterhead, parents George Booth Sutherland
      and Jessie Robertson

      George Booth Sutherland married to Robertson 1872 Peterhead.

      > As an aside I have a number of postcards sent from Peterhead
      > in the early 1900's with pictures of the city. If you are interested I
      > will attempt to e-mail some to you

      I would love copies if it is not a problem. I will not be able to put
      them on the web page as they will have a copyright.

      > I also have a photograph of a class of students (none identified) which was taken
      > by W. Robertson, Photographer, 30 Erroll Street, Peterhead.

      I could put this on web page and ask if anyone can identify time and
      people.

      > Is this shop still in existence?

      My Mother seems to think the shop is still there, but the Photographer
      was Frasers. Maybe others on the list will know.

      "A Peterhead Portrait" by Jim Buchan gives April 1886 William Robertson,
      a native of Old Meldrum having a studio at 3 Queen St and by June 1887
      at 5 Queen St. On 1st September 1886, Grant and Officer announced that
      they had opened Photographic Studio at 32 Erroll Street.

      >From 1851 Peterhead Census
      District 9, page 11, No.63, Ellis Street
      David Robertson, head, 35, Fatherson?, Kincardineshire
      Janet Robertson, wife, 27, Peterhead
      Margaret Robertson, daughter, 8, Peterhead
      James Robertson, son, 6, Peterhead
      Janet Robertson, daughter, 2m, Peterhead
      Willimina Weyness, lodger, 14, Peterhead

      Didn't record occupation or condition column.