Hi, I'm new to the group.

  • moresmall
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 14, 2003
      Hi every-one
      My name is Maureen Small, I am tracing my ancestors from N.Z. Was
      born in Fraserburgh 1949, my parents Wilson & Jessie Noble (nee May)
      immigrated to NZ in 1959. Lines that I am following are Noble,
      Cardno, and May, Ritchie mainly. I belong to the Fraserburgh &
      Cardno yahoo groups, some-one told me that I may be able to find out
      more information via this group also. Currently researching John
      Cardno (21/10/1820) & Elizabeth Finnie (3/2/1824, any one has info
      that they would like to share. Also researching Alexander Noble &
      Alexander Cardno. I had a quick look into your archives and
      messages, but couldnt see any names, just checking out the lead I was
      given. Kind regards Maureen.
    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 14, 2003
        Hi Maureen,
        There are Cardno's on my Father's side of my tree.
        If you want to e-mail me with your address I will give you the info I have. I'm not sure that there will be anything of use to you as it is not complete but you can have what I have.

        Hazel

        hm.holt@...

      • Anne Geddes
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 15, 2003
          Hi all

          I am just posting some of my family research - in the hope that someone out there is "doing" the same family. Here's hoping

          John GEDDES b? married Elizabeth FARQUHAR b? in 1845 in Rathen

          One of their sons - James Geddes b1854 in Aberdeen married Barbara Cardno THOMSON in Peterhead in 1879. Barbara was b1855 in Peterhead - parents William Thomson and Isabel MILNE

          One of their sons - John Geddes b? married Jessie Ann Davidson SLESSOR in Peterhead in 1906. Jessie Ann was b1889 in Peterhead - parents Robert Slessor and Mary(ann) HARVEY

          One of their sons - George Slessor Geddes b1916 in Peterhead married Frances MAIR in Peterhead in 1939. Frances was b1916 in Portknockie - parents Francis George Mair and Anne CORDINER

          Their son James George Geddes is my hubby

          Do please get in touch if you recognise any of the names in my tree.

          Orraverybest

          Anne Geddes

        • sue&greg
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 15, 2003
            Hi Maureen,lost my hard drive with my tree on it last year so i'm
            trying to remember. have cardno,noble,clark, and thompson in my gg
            gparents line.
          • Celtic Mist
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 16, 2003
              Sue&Greg Is that Thomson"s Or Thompson??

              sue&greg <mich_couple@...> wrote:Hi Maureen,lost my hard drive with my tree on it last year so i'm
              trying to remember. have cardno,noble,clark, and thompson in my gg
              gparents line.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Alistair Bain
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 16, 2003
                I'm new too but none of my messages have been getting through. Seeing if
                this works!
                Researching members of the Pirie family born in Peterhead:

                George Hunter 1865-1945
                Charles 1866
                Jane Ingram 1867-1871
                Mary Ann and Jemima 1870 (twins)
                Alexander Wood 1872

                Glad to exchange information

                Alistair Bain
              • Ken May
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
                  Maureen Small,

                  I'm Ken May, and my G_Grandfather emigrated to NZ in
                  1886, settling in Johnsonville, eventually.

                  I'm interested in your May link. I'm also on email at
                  kenjmay@...

                  Regards

                  Ken May

                  --- moresmall <moresmall3909@...> wrote: > Hi
                  every-one
                  > My name is Maureen Small, I am tracing my ancestors
                  > from N.Z. Was
                  > born in Fraserburgh 1949, my parents Wilson & Jessie
                  > Noble (nee May)
                  > immigrated to NZ in 1959. Lines that I am following
                  > are Noble,
                  > Cardno, and May, Ritchie mainly. I belong to the
                  > Fraserburgh &
                  > Cardno yahoo groups, some-one told me that I may be
                  > able to find out
                  > more information via this group also. Currently
                  > researching John
                  > Cardno (21/10/1820) & Elizabeth Finnie (3/2/1824,
                  > any one has info
                  > that they would like to share. Also researching
                  > Alexander Noble &
                  > Alexander Cardno. I had a quick look into your
                  > archives and
                  > messages, but couldnt see any names, just checking
                  > out the lead I was
                  > given. Kind regards Maureen.

                • geddes_anne