Charges to Research Burial Records

  • wgm2409@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2003
      I have made arrangements to spend a day in Mid October going throught the
      burial records in Peterhead. I was shocked to hear from the registrar that I
      would be charged £10 per hour even if I do the work, has anyone else come across
      this charge and has anyone found a way of getting round it?

      My ancestors are Morrison, Ritchie (farmers), Mundy(ie), Ord, Philip,
      Anderson, Hardy.

      Bill Morrison

    • William Leslie
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
        I spent some time going through the Registrar's records in Peterhead in August. I received a lot of assistance from the Registrar, and was able to find what I wanted quite quickly.
        I did not regret spending the 10 pounds. This is not as good a deal as the Aberdeen and NE Scotland Family History Society in Aberdeen where I spent countless hours with the assistance of Vi Murray, all for the price of my membership in that Society.
        Regards
        William Leslie
        I have made arrangements to spend a day in Mid October going throught the
        burial records in Peterhead. I was shocked to hear from the registrar that I
        would be charged £10 per hour even if I do the work, has anyone else come across
        this charge and has anyone found a way of getting round it?

        My ancestors are Morrison, Ritchie (farmers), Mundy(ie), Ord, Philip,
        Anderson, Hardy.

        Bill Morrison

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Hazel Holt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
          Hi Bill,
          I'm afraid that £10 per hour is the charge at all registrar offices. I am at the Peterhead one almost every week and there is no way around the charge.

          Hazel Holt

        • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
            I live in Dundien NZ , and i have just payed 10 pounds to the register , and over and above this it cost me 25 dollars Bank fee to change the money. and thats a lot for just 10 pounds
            Lyn Tilbury
            I'm afraid that £10 per hour is the charge at all registrar offices. I am at the Peterhead one almost every week and there is no way around the charge.

            Hazel Holt

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Anne Geddes
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
              A big HI to all who wrote about the £10 charge

              Remember that the Website at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk lets you conduct a search for 20p and download certificates for £1

              It has the Scottish death registers from 1855-1952 online

              I suppose it depends how many certificates you need

              Orraverybest

              Anne Geddes

              Ian and Lyn Tilbury <i.l.tilbury@...> wrote:
              I live in Dundien NZ , and i have just payed 10 pounds to the register , and over and above this it cost me 25 dollars Bank fee to change the money. and thats a lot for just 10 pounds
              Lyn Tilbury
              I'm afraid that £10 per hour is the charge at all registrar offices. I am at the Peterhead one almost every week and there is no way around the charge.

              Hazel Holt

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT