McKinnon and Florence surnames 1861

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2003
      Hi group how are you,
      A while back I corresponded with two people looking for Florence's and McKinnon's in Peterhead.
      This is what was on the 1861 census, so far.
      Catherine

      11 Jamiaca Street
      Jean Florence, H, 32, seamans wife, brn Peterhead
      Helen Troup, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
      Jean Troup, dau, 8, scholar, brn P/H
      Janet Florence, dau, 4, brn P/H
      Agnes Florence, dau, 2, brn P/H

      17 Jamaica Street
      James Marr, H, 59, labourer, brn Old Meldrum
      Janet do, wife, 57, labourer wife, brn P/H
      Catherine do, dau, unm, dressmaker, brn P/H
      William B. McKinnon, nephew, unm, 17, Ap sailmaker, brn P/H

      19 Jamaica Street
      Susan C. McKinnon, serv, unm, 23, dom serv, brn P/H

      18 St Andrews Street
      James McKinnon, lodger, unm, 22, Bank accountant, brn Huntly

      24 Marischal Street
      Margaret McKinnon, H, w, 56, formerly sailor's wife, brn P/H
      Mary do, dau, unm, 24, milliner, brn P/H
      Ann do, dau, unm, 21, P/H
      John Ann Smith, dau, 6 mo, P/H

      33-2 Broad Street
      James Florence, H, mar, 34, boat builder, P/H
      Margaret do, wife, 34, P/H
      Helen do, 10, dau, scholar, P/H
      James do, 12, son, scholar, P/H
      Alexander do, son, 5, P/H

      1 Ship Row
      John McKinnon, H, unm, 29, ship chandler, P/H

      43 Kirk Street
      Mary Florence, serv, 16, dom serv, P/H

      24 Kirk Street
      James McKinnon, nephew, unm, 21, grocer, P/H
      Jessie Hutton, H, unm, 50, dressmaker, P/H

      I forgot to take the address of this faimly

      37-4
      Margaret McKinnon, H, mar, 29, ship masters wife, P/H
      Margaret do, dau, 9, scholar, P/H
      Grace do, dau, 7, scholar, P/H
      Gordon do, 5, P/H
      John do, 8 months, P/H

    • 2Barbara Croker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2003
        Hello Catherine,
        You've been a great help to me in my past searches. In your census or other
        searches, I wondered if you've come across the family of James MILNE and his
        wife Elizabeth (nee STEWART), who married in Peterhead in 1859. I haven't
        been able to find any children for them, and I wondered if they appeared in
        the 1861 or subsequent census data. Also, ditto for James's sister,
        Margaret MILNE who married Alexander PORTER. She died on 26.5.1899 (dont
        know when they married). She was born in 1828 and James was born in 1839,
        to father, Alexander MILNE and mother, Grace (Grizzel) DAVIDSON, who married
        in 1827. I dont have any children data for Margaret neither.
        Thanks for anything at all,
        Barbara

        Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here