Re: [Peterhead] For William Leslie

  • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
      Hi William
      I thought seen you are talking Leslies , i would get in on it.
      Do you know of this Leslie .
      Peterhead Marriage No 53, 13/10/1863 at Backgate Church of Scotland . Joseph Kean , ship carperter, bach age 23,
      Erroll Street ,parents , Robert Kean , carter [dead] and Helen Kean ms. Scott, married Ann J Leslie ,
      spin age 27, Backgate , parents Alexander Leslie , cooper,[dead] and Mary Leslie ms.Leask
      Witnesses William Leslie and John H. Leslie

      Ann and Joseph went to Canada , Ann Died and Joseph remarried
      Union Cemetery Ann Kean ms Leslie plot # 106 South Presbyterian
      The Head Stone reads as follows
      Farewell
      In Memory of Ann ,wife of Joseph Kean who died March 1878 aged 39years
      A faithful friend and companion dear.
      A tender partner lieth here
      Great is the loss that we sustain
      But hope in heaven to meet again
      Lyn Tilbury
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
        Thank you, Don and William, for sorting that out. The white church is
        definitely the one in the film, so I will tell my friend from Aberdeen!

        I have had only a cursory look at Longside for Peter Leslie, so I'll turn
        my attention there. Thanks for your help. As I said, I need to re-look
        at everything again. That's why I've been so quiet lately, but it won't
        last.

        Judy

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
          Hello Lyn;
          I have seen information on these Peterhead Leslies before. Strangely enough, in such a small town, I am unable to connect them with my Peterhead or Longside Leslies. There must be a connection back somewhere, but I don't add any names to my family tree unless I can find a reliable document.
          Thanks for the information.