Re: Saunders family Peterhead

  • jasphd2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      i found a george saunders christened 16th oct 1798 huntly.- mother
      isobel grant -father james saunders.
      married a joan skinner on the 13th may 1828 in peterhead.

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "aliceuuk" <gurquhart@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Group,
      > I am looking for any info on my 3xGt Grandfather & his family. He
      > was George Saunders b.1799 married to Jean Skinner who died Feb
      1880.
      > George was a shoemaker in Peterhead that is all the info I have on
      > him. His son was Robert Massie Saunders b. 1840 married to Harriet
      > Davidson on 29/06/1861 died 23/12/1887. I got info from the poor
      reg.
      > saying that on 08/06/1870 he was living at Manse Road Peterhead
      with
      > his wife and three children George,William and Alfred at that time
      he
      > was a slater and had a fall from the roof of the chapel and broke
      his
      > thigh, he was recieving 6/- per week from the parish. At sometime
      he
      > must have moved to Fraserburgh where his son (my Gt Grandfather
      > George) was born, I also have a note of a George Saunders living at
      > 23 Shoe Lane, if anyone can help with my family I would be very
      > grateful.
      > Alice Urquhart
    • aliceuuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "jasphd2003" <Johnstephen59@a...>
        wrote:
        Hi John,
        Thank you very much for your email - it is indeed the correct family,
        it takes me a step further, I have still to get George & Joan's
        marriage dates also George's date of death. Thanks again.
        Alice Urquhart
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
          Hi Alice,

          1851 Peterhead Census
          District 12, Page 22, No.111, St.Peter Street
          George Sanders, head, 52, Huntly
          Jane Sanders, wife, 46, Peterhead
          George Sanders, son, 19, Peterhead
          Alexander Sanders, son, 13, Peterhead
          Robert M Sanders, son, 11, Peterhead
          James R. Sanders, son, 7, Peterhead
          James Robertson, lodger, 81, Peterhead

          No.16, Alexander Skinner Saunders, watchmaker (single), died 22/1/1858 4h 30m pm at 8/5 Queen Street, male, aged 20 years, parents: George Saunders, shoemaker and Jane Saunders ms Skinner, cause: Pulmonary Disease upwards of 12 months, informant: Robert Saunders, brother, present.