Saunders family Peterhead

  • aliceuuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi Group,
      I am looking for any info on my 3xGt Grandfather & his family. He
      was George Saunders b.1799 married to Jean Skinner who died Feb 1880.
      George was a shoemaker in Peterhead that is all the info I have on
      him. His son was Robert Massie Saunders b. 1840 married to Harriet
      Davidson on 29/06/1861 died 23/12/1887. I got info from the poor reg.
      saying that on 08/06/1870 he was living at Manse Road Peterhead with
      his wife and three children George,William and Alfred at that time he
      was a slater and had a fall from the roof of the chapel and broke his
      thigh, he was recieving 6/- per week from the parish. At sometime he
      must have moved to Fraserburgh where his son (my Gt Grandfather
      George) was born, I also have a note of a George Saunders living at
      23 Shoe Lane, if anyone can help with my family I would be very
      grateful.
      Alice Urquhart
    • jasphd2003
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        i found a george saunders christened 16th oct 1798 huntly.- mother
        isobel grant -father james saunders.
        married a joan skinner on the 13th may 1828 in peterhead.

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "aliceuuk" <gurquhart@c...> wrote:
        > Hi Group,
        > I am looking for any info on my 3xGt Grandfather & his family. He
        > was George Saunders b.1799 married to Jean Skinner who died Feb
        1880.
        > George was a shoemaker in Peterhead that is all the info I have on
        > him. His son was Robert Massie Saunders b. 1840 married to Harriet
        > Davidson on 29/06/1861 died 23/12/1887. I got info from the poor
        reg.
        > saying that on 08/06/1870 he was living at Manse Road Peterhead
        with
        > his wife and three children George,William and Alfred at that time
        he
        > was a slater and had a fall from the roof of the chapel and broke
        his
        > thigh, he was recieving 6/- per week from the parish. At sometime
        he
        > must have moved to Fraserburgh where his son (my Gt Grandfather
        > George) was born, I also have a note of a George Saunders living at
        > 23 Shoe Lane, if anyone can help with my family I would be very
        > grateful.
        > Alice Urquhart
      • aliceuuk
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "jasphd2003" <Johnstephen59@a...>
          wrote:
          Hi John,
          Thank you very much for your email - it is indeed the correct family,
          it takes me a step further, I have still to get George & Joan's
          marriage dates also George's date of death. Thanks again.
          Alice Urquhart
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
            Hi Alice,

            1851 Peterhead Census
            District 12, Page 22, No.111, St.Peter Street
            George Sanders, head, 52, Huntly
            Jane Sanders, wife, 46, Peterhead
            George Sanders, son, 19, Peterhead
            Alexander Sanders, son, 13, Peterhead
            Robert M Sanders, son, 11, Peterhead
            James R. Sanders, son, 7, Peterhead
            James Robertson, lodger, 81, Peterhead

            No.16, Alexander Skinner Saunders, watchmaker (single), died 22/1/1858 4h 30m pm at 8/5 Queen Street, male, aged 20 years, parents: George Saunders, shoemaker and Jane Saunders ms Skinner, cause: Pulmonary Disease upwards of 12 months, informant: Robert Saunders, brother, present.