Lyon -Mains of Inverugie c 1840--1880

  • Richard Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2003
      If anyone has access to census data before 1881 I would be most
      grateful to hear who are the occupants of the three dewllings that I
      understand were at Mains of Inverugie ( St. Fergus ) and which I
      understand comprised the crofts of Balmoor, Blackhouse and Burnhaven.

      My 2G grandfather James Lyon and his wife Ann ( nee Thom ), may
      feature, with George Chalmers Lyon b 1849, James Lyon b 1851 and
      daughter Ann b 1855.

      The name William Lyon may also feature in the 1871 census.

      The name Martha Lyon may also feature in the 1870's.

      By the 1881 census James Lyon (57) and Ann Lyon (70 )are recorded at
      Seatown,Crimond with their grandson William then given as age 11.

      I have been unable to find parental detail for this William, but
      these earlier census data may assist.

      If anyone has easy access to any census for this area before 1881 I
      would be most pleased to hear what data is recorded fro these crofts.

      As I am in the south I do not have easy access to this early census
      data, so can anyone help ?

      Thanks

      Richard Lyon