Re: [Peterhead] Re: Riddell (Riddle) & Murray

  • Ron Will
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
      Thanks , then thats the place known as New Aberdour
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2003
        Hi Sandra & Ron,

        There is also an Aberdour parish in Aberdeenshire (No.169) on the border of Banffshire, between Gamrie and Pitsligo on the coast.

        There is also an Aberlour in Banffshire as sometimes it can be misread.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 13, 2003
          Sorry have been away and missed these threads till now.

          There is an Aberdour near Fraserburgh - the old parish is vey old and as the
          name implies there are new houses and a hotel there now hence New Aberdour.

          There are super caves you can get into at low tide- a great beach for kids,

          Margie

        • Mmm16dav@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 13, 2003
            A very large family of Murrays farmed at Buckie Farm on the outskirts of
            Peterhead for years -the farm is now one of the industrials estates on the
            outskirts of the town -

            Margie