Re: [Peterhead] James Lyon / William Lyon

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      Hi Richard,

      My GGG grandmother is Ann Thom, born abt 1810, died Sep 02, 1886 St. Fergus. She was the daughter of James Thom and Isabella Chalmers.

      Ann had a child, Andrew Knox (GG Grandfather) who was born Mar. 29, 1835, Longside. His father was Andrew Knox b. ? d. bef 1857 (year Andrew married my GG grandmother, Mary Reid. Andrew's birth registration showed:
      Andrew, natural son of Andrew Knox in Rora and Anne Thom in Lonmay. I don't believe Ann Thom and Andrew Knox married.

      I was aware that Ann had married James Lyon but have been unable to locate more information on his ancestors or of grandson William Lyon age 11 shown on the 1881 Census. If I am able to locate any further information I will let you know and would appreciate the same from you.

      Regards,
      Linda Adam

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
        Hi Linda,

        This is most interesting,

        On Ann Thom I have parents , James Thom and Isabella
        Chalmers,
        her grand parents :-

        James Thom and Ann Dinnie
        Robert Chalmers and Ann Spence

        her great grandparents

        James Thom and Margret Woodman
        ? and ?
        George Chalmers and Bess Spence
        Hary Spence and Mary Inksatter

        her great great grandparents
        Thomas Spence 1678- ? and Janet Sinclair
        others ?????

        her great great great grandparents ( my 10G grandparents )

        George Spence and Katherine Slatter
        David Sinclair and Margrat Hesse

        The latter generations are Kirkwall and Stromness Orkney Isles

        further detail can follow.

        Is this of interest ?

        Richard Lyon rlyon@...