Re: [Peterhead] Hutchison's

  • Hazel Holt
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi John,
      I have Hutchison's in my family. Unfortunatley I have just moved house and am still unpacking at the moment. All of my info is at hand but it might take me a few days to get organized and get it to you. I will see what I can do.

      Hazel Holt

    • John S. Stuart
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        Thanks, look forward to the help.

        Cheers

        john
        I have Hutchison's in my family. Unfortunatley I have just moved house and am still unpacking at the moment. All of my info is at hand but it might take me a few days to get organized and get it to you. I will see what I can do.

        Hazel Holt

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Steve Hutchison
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
          Hi John,
          Your message reads:
          > I am looking for information on all Hutchison's who have lived in the
          Peterhead/ Fraserburg/ Boddam area.

          I have posted my family info. plus unconnected Hutchisons in the area at two
          websites which I keep updated regularly. Try these:-

          http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes?userid=sjhutchison&x=19&y=11

          http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/u/t/Stephen-John-Hutchison/

          There is a John Hutchison (Whaler) featured at the Peterhead museum who I
          believe bought the Cairngall estate, Longside from the Arbuthnot family.
          As yet I have made no positive connection although he is mentioned in the
          will of Janet Hutchison (a direct connection) as having money owed to her
          estate.

          I would be glad to share what information I have.
          Regards Stephen John Hutchison
        • Hazel Holt
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
            This is for John Stuart

            Hi John, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I have only just this week had a chance to pick up my research stuff again.
            I don't have much as yet but here is what I have.

            My G.G. Grandmother was Jessie Hutchison
            born. 28 Nov 1864 Blackhill, Peterhead
            died. 10 Apr 1933 14 Back Street, Peterhead
            buried. 12 Apr 1933 Constitution Street, Lair E762
            married. 24 Feb 1885 Stephen's Buildings, Boddam
            spouse. Alexander Cruden
            born. 5 Aug 1860 Gowanhill, Peterhead
            died. 8 Jan 1929 17 Tolbooth Wynd, Peterhead
            buried. 11 Jan 1929 Constitution Street, Lair E762

            I have a list of their children if you want them.

            Jessie Hutchison's parents were

            David Hutchison
            born. c.1829
            died. before 1895
            married 23 Nov 1858 Manse of Peterhead
            spouse. Jessie Walker Thom

            The marriage certificate stated that David was 29 at the time of his marriage and his place of residence was Auchnacoy, Logie Buchan. He was a farm servant and his parents were both still alive. They were James Hutchison and Margaret Ptolemy.

            Jessie was 20 at the time of her marriage and her place of residence was New Aberdour, Aberdour. She was a Domestic Servant and her parents were both still alive. They were John Thom and Helen Topp.

            Hope this is of help. Sorry that it is not much.

            Hazel