Hutchison's

  • John S. Stuart
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      I am looking for information on all Hutchison's who have lived in the Peterhead/ Fraserburg/ Boddam area.

      I am particularly interested in the 1850 - 1900's (however this is not exclusive). ANY information may be of help, so if you have any connections, information, or ideas - please drop me a line!

      Thanks

      John

    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi John,
        I have Hutchison's in my family. Unfortunatley I have just moved house and am still unpacking at the moment. All of my info is at hand but it might take me a few days to get organized and get it to you. I will see what I can do.

        Hazel Holt

      • John S. Stuart
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Thanks, look forward to the help.

          Cheers

          john
          I have Hutchison's in my family. Unfortunatley I have just moved house and am still unpacking at the moment. All of my info is at hand but it might take me a few days to get organized and get it to you. I will see what I can do.

          Hazel Holt

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Steve Hutchison
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
            Hi John,
            Your message reads:
            > I am looking for information on all Hutchison's who have lived in the
            Peterhead/ Fraserburg/ Boddam area.

            I have posted my family info. plus unconnected Hutchisons in the area at two
            websites which I keep updated regularly. Try these:-

            http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes?userid=sjhutchison&x=19&y=11

            http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/u/t/Stephen-John-Hutchison/

            There is a John Hutchison (Whaler) featured at the Peterhead museum who I
            believe bought the Cairngall estate, Longside from the Arbuthnot family.
            As yet I have made no positive connection although he is mentioned in the
            will of Janet Hutchison (a direct connection) as having money owed to her
            estate.

            I would be glad to share what information I have.
            Regards Stephen John Hutchison
          • Hazel Holt
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
              This is for John Stuart

              Hi John, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I have only just this week had a chance to pick up my research stuff again.
              I don't have much as yet but here is what I have.

              My G.G. Grandmother was Jessie Hutchison
              born. 28 Nov 1864 Blackhill, Peterhead
              died. 10 Apr 1933 14 Back Street, Peterhead
              buried. 12 Apr 1933 Constitution Street, Lair E762
              married. 24 Feb 1885 Stephen's Buildings, Boddam
              spouse. Alexander Cruden
              born. 5 Aug 1860 Gowanhill, Peterhead
              died. 8 Jan 1929 17 Tolbooth Wynd, Peterhead
              buried. 11 Jan 1929 Constitution Street, Lair E762

              I have a list of their children if you want them.

              Jessie Hutchison's parents were

              David Hutchison
              born. c.1829
              died. before 1895
              married 23 Nov 1858 Manse of Peterhead
              spouse. Jessie Walker Thom

              The marriage certificate stated that David was 29 at the time of his marriage and his place of residence was Auchnacoy, Logie Buchan. He was a farm servant and his parents were both still alive. They were James Hutchison and Margaret Ptolemy.

              Jessie was 20 at the time of her marriage and her place of residence was New Aberdour, Aberdour. She was a Domestic Servant and her parents were both still alive. They were John Thom and Helen Topp.

              Hope this is of help. Sorry that it is not much.

              Hazel