Re: [Peterhead] Ironmonger's shop

  • sheilagh butlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26 12:17 PM
      Hello Marge,
      My father was Charles Bruce as well as my grandfather - we left the
      Peterhead area in 1960, Chapel Street now certainly rings a bell, the shop
      seemed to be very deep with a fireplace showroom at the back. Many thanks
      for the info.
      Sheilagh

      >From: Mmm16dav@...
      >To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Ironmonger's shop
      >Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:37:01 EDT
      >

      >Hi,
      >
      >Charlie Bruce the ironmonger's shop was in Chapel Street - near where
      >Currys
      >is now. As I am in my 60's and can remember shopping there regularly for my
      >parents, the son must also have been Charles. I am sure there is a photo on
      >the
      >site of the shop. If not I will try and get one ,
      >
      >Margie

    • Paul Readhead
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2003
        To Betty & Ian Re: your posting 25th July 2003 about Holmes family from
        Peterhead.

        I picked up your reply to Sheilagh from the Peterhead Yahoo Group for
        family history work and see you have connections with the Holmes family from
        Peterhead. I have relatives with that name from Peterhead but back in 1800's
        and was wondering how far back you had details. I'm sure a lot of the family
        stayed in that area so may be there is a connection.

        My relatives were George Holmes who married Grace Stewart in Peterhead
        Oct 1821 they went on to have 6 children that I know of, James, Jean,
        Isabel, Grace, George and Agnes who is my 2nd Great grandmother. Agnes went
        on to marry my 2nd Great grandfather Charles Macaulay in Peterhead in 1856
        They lived for a while at 10 Queens Street Peterhead. If any of this links
        in please do contact me as I do not have any links with the Holmes at
        present.

        If this ties in with anyone else who see this then I would be glad to hear
        from them too

        Many thanks,

        Christiane Macaulay Readhead
        christiane@...
      • 2Barbara Croker
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2003
          Hi Paul,
          I'm interested in the James Stewart, who married George Holmes in Peterhead
          in 1821. My MILNE family lived for a time in Queen Street (during the time
          of the 1841 census). A son called James MILNE born 1839, married Elizabeth
          STEWART (born 1837 Peterhead) on 6. 1.1859 (witnesses John Fearnside and
          John Morrison). I haven't yet found Elizabeth's parents. Do you have any
          information on the James Stewart line?
          Regards,
          Barbara

          >From: "Paul Readhead" <paul.readhead@...>
          >To: <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Ironmonger's shop
          >Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:38:01 +0100
          >
          >To Betty & Ian Re: your posting 25th July 2003 about Holmes family from
          >Peterhead.
          >
          > I picked up your reply to Sheilagh from the Peterhead Yahoo Group for
          >family history work and see you have connections with the Holmes family
          >from
          >Peterhead. I have relatives with that name from Peterhead but back in
          >1800's
          >and was wondering how far back you had details. I'm sure a lot of the
          >family
          >stayed in that area so may be there is a connection.
          >
          > My relatives were George Holmes who married Grace Stewart in Peterhead
          >Oct 1821 they went on to have 6 children that I know of, James, Jean,
          >Isabel, Grace, George and Agnes who is my 2nd Great grandmother. Agnes went
          >on to marry my 2nd Great grandfather Charles Macaulay in Peterhead in 1856
          >They lived for a while at 10 Queens Street Peterhead. If any of this links
          >in please do contact me as I do not have any links with the Holmes at
          >present.
          >
          >If this ties in with anyone else who see this then I would be glad to hear
          >from them too
          >
          >Many thanks,
          >
          >Christiane Macaulay Readhead
          >christiane@...

          E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Click here