Re: Elrick

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 1998
      Hi Shirley,

      Shirley Elrick wrote:

      > I am researching the family name of ELRICK. So far I have gleaned as much
      > info from BDM, MI and census as I can. I have had 'some' success in

      I have the following deaths if you don't have them:
      William Bruce 18/4/1858 age 60, parents Charles Bruce and Isabel Elrick.
      Alexander Beedie 22/2/1859 age 81, parents James Beedie and Mary Elrick.

      If you want the full information let me know.

      > John ELRICK (son of George and Jessie GAMACK) married Christina GORDON
      > Peterhead 1864. Children all born Peterhead are:

      Do you already have John from the 1851 census ? Also two others in
      Peterhead ?
      Again, let me know if you want the information. Have index the 1851, so
      can search for others.

      > (and all of Aberdeenshire and Banffshire). I also access to the films of
      > the 1841 and 1851 Scottish census. If there are any requests for look ups

      Sounds like someone else is a member of the GSV.

      > My requests are: Any information on any connections with ELRICKs. Look ups
      > in the 1891 census (I have the Enumerator districts, sections and page
      > numbers).

      Hopefully someone less will answer this. I don't think the LDS have
      filmed these yet?

      >Also any pointers to where I can gain local historical information.

      I will put up list of books and articles from Newsletters regarding
      Peterhead shortly. Most of the books can be obtained from Aberdeen & NE
      Scotland FHS, others have been brought back from family and friends on
      various trips.

      Regards, Wade.
    • Jim & Margrit Whittome
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 1998
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 1999
          Shirley, Thank you for tomorrows e-mail! [in N.S. it is still the
          25th.@7.16 P.M.] As you say we had corresponded on these people before,
          but I didn't have any record of the 2 christenings you mention. As I
          find out more on the Bruces I will let you know, or if I come across
          anything more on the Elricks. Thank you, Betty.