Re: Reid Marriages,

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 1999
      Bruce Williams wrote:

      > On the marriages I notice
      > James REID b.1836 m.7/9/1858 KING John Gibb.
      > Are you able to give me any further details of this marriage? ( ?
      > KING.)

      No.38, 7/9/1858, 11/5 Queen Street, UP Church, James Reid, 22,
      Peterhead, bachelor, parents: John Reid, Cooper and Elizabeth Gibb or
      Reid; married to Jannet King, 22, Peterhead, spinster, parents: Alex
      King, watchmaker (deceased) and Janet Gray or King (deceased); witnesses
      Robert Reid and William Mackie.

      > Also David REID drowned at sea 19/9/1860 aged 24.
      > Was he a seaman?

      I don't have this death certificate details and I have all of 1860 and
      1861 deaths certificates for Peterhead. Where did you get the date
      from? If he wasn't on a Peterhead boat, then it would be registered in
      the Port where the boat returned. It should also be registered in
      Edinburgh (deaths at sea).