Boyd/Smith

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2003
      For Margaret Hector :

      Hi Margaret,
      I have a record of William Boyd, son of William Boyd & Dorothy Smith.
      He married Jane Lawrance on July 2nd.1839 (He was a Shipmaster)
      They had a son, Charles Lawrance Boyd born April 27th.1840 (Ref. Peterhead Episcopal Records). Their residence then was Rose Street, Peterhead. (They may well have had other children, but I don't have a note of any more).
      His residence in the 1841 Census is given as St.Peter Street, Peterhead
      His will was lodged Feb.16th.1842, so he must have died around that time. He was recorded as commander of the brig "Mary Gray".

      Hope this is of interest.............................Alex Ritchie

    • Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2003
        For Alex Ritchie:
        Thank you very much for the reply about William Boyd. The information is just great and will give me new avenues to explore. We know very little about the family so every bit helps.
        Do you know if 'Episcopal' records are the same as the records of the 'Church of Scotland"? I might be looking in the wrong place!
        Thank you for your help.
        Margaret Hector
        Western Australia

        I have a record of William Boyd, son of William Boyd & Dorothy Smith.
        He married Jane Lawrance on July 2nd.1839 (He was a Shipmaster)
        They had a son, Charles Lawrance Boyd born April 27th.1840 (Ref. Peterhead Episcopal Records). Their residence then was Rose Street, Peterhead. (They may well have had other children, but I don't have a note of any more).
        His residence in the 1841 Census is given as St.Peter Street, Peterhead
        His will was lodged Feb.16th.1842, so he must have died around that time. He was recorded as commander of the brig "Mary Gray".

        Hope this is of interest.............................Alex Ritchie

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor