Cruden

  • Jim Patterson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5 5:14 AM
      Hi everyone,
      I'm very new to all this so please forgive me if I jump right in with
      a request.
      I am trying to find out about the Cruden family, luckily most of them
      seem to be centered around the Peterhead area. The information I have
      so far is at

      http://www.auto-mechanic.co.uk/cruden/map.html

      and any help filling in the gaps would be very much appreciated, the
      list of surnames I have so far is

      Cruden
      Greig
      Hutchison
      McGhee
      Smith
      Third
      Thom
      Topp

      Thanks, Jim
    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7 10:03 AM
        Hi JIm, I have some info on the Cruden's. Alexander Cruden and Jessie Hutchison were my gg grnadparents. Give me some time to get it to you. Not sure if I have anything more than you have.

        Hazel Holt

      • Jim Patterson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8 9:46 AM
          Hi, Hazel
          They were my great grandparents
          I have just put another webpage up with all the info I have, there is
          some reference to Jessie Hutchison
          http://www.auto-mechanic.co.uk/cruden/cruden.html

          Jim
        • Hazel Holt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15 2:44 PM
            Hi Jim,
            I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I had some info on a different line of my family that I was sending to someone else in the Peterhead group.

            Here is some of what I have so far.

            Walter Fowlie CRUDEN b. 13 sep 1901 17 Tolbooth Wynd, PD
            parents - Alexander CRUDEN & Jessie m.s. HUTCHISON
            d. 1 jan 1970 Aberdeen
            bu. 5 jan 1970 Balmoor Cemetery, PD Lair B238
            Married to Mary Bella McGHEE 1922 PD
            Mary b. 13 sep 1902 PD ?
            d. 18 oct 1975 Ugie Hospital, PD
            bu. 21 oct 1975 Balmoor Cemetery, PD Lair B238
            parents - Peter McGHIE & Sarah m.s.THIRD (McGhie was spelling on Mary's death cert.)

            Their Children -
            1. Walter Fowlie CRUDEN b. 29 may 1921 38 Windmill Street, PD
            bu. 4 jan 2000 Balmoor Cemetery, PD Lair E1430
            Married to Christina Anderson NAPIER 13 sep 1945 Masonic Hall, PD
            Christina b. 27 feb 1923 28 James Street, PD
            bu. 12 dec 1997 Balmoor Cemetery, PD Lair E1430
            parents - Stephenson NAPIER & Christina Fraser m.s.ANDERSON

            2. James CRUDEN b. 29 mar 1923 38 Windmill Street, PD

            3. Alexander Clubb CRUDEN b. 25 dec 1927 12 Windmill Street, PD

            4. William Third CRUDEN b. 18 mar 1930 12 Windmill Street, PD

            5. Rosemary CRUDEN b. 1 mar 1932 12 Windmill Street, PD

            6. Patricia CRUDEN b. 18 nov 1934 35 Ugie Park, PD
            Married to Charles SIMPSON 30 aug 1969 Registrar Office, PD
            Charles - 31 at time of marriage, Residence - Cruden Bay.

            7. Harriet CRUDEN b. 24 apr 1937 35 Ugie Park, PD

            8. Irene CRUDEN b. 19 mar 1939 35 Ugie Park, PD
            d. 20 may 1973 12 Burns Road, PD
            bu. 24 may 1973 Balmoor Cemetery, PD Lair B238
            Married to James NAPIER 20 apr 1963 Registrar Office, PD
            James b. 5 jan 1933 12 Castle Street, PD
            parents - James NAPIER & Jane Strachan m.s. DONALDSON

            9. Lionel CRUDEN b. 27 jan 1947 35 Ugie Park, PD
            Married to Mary Wark Lawson MURRAY 18 oct 1972 Reg Ofice, PD
            Mary b. 25 jul 1937 Edinburgh
            parents - James BARCLAY & Christina LAWSON
            Divorced - 16 nov 1974 PD
            Mary was a widow at time of marriage to Lionel

            Hope this helps. I will send more info later. I also have little bits and pieces of some of the grandchildren of Walter & Mary CRUDEN. If you want this then please let me know.

            Hazel Holt