Re: [Peterhead] James Florence-

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi Angela,

      Thank you for joining in the Florence discussion. I will have a look
      in my Florence box as researching in South Australia, like you, I have gathered information on Florence's which do not belong to me.

      I think that James Florence who died in 1856 parents James and Isabella
      were also the parents of Alexander aged 24 on the 1841 census and missing on the 1851 census which would work in with my dates. I have found Alexander Florence getting married in Sth Australia 1852 to Isabella Dougal. South Australia put very little on their certificates and the marriage certificate just give the names nothing about parents etc. This was the case in 1852 but then later on they started requesting more information.

      Isabella Alexander's wife died and he then married again and this time the father's name was added to the certificate - this being James Florence. My thinking is that James married to Mary Falconer in Peterhead is the older brother of Alexander.

      I am interested in the extracts from the Scottish Registry and wonder if you could tell me how to go about getting copies for my records also.
      I need to get back to the family of James and Isabella the parents of James and hopefully Alexander. James in the 1851 census puts his birth place as Auchterless. He also had a son named Alexander.

      I look forward to hearing from you. I have added my email address
      after my name
      Best wishes
      Marie
      minbalup@...