Re: BRUCE & LOWRIE

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1998
      Hi Val,

      Welcome to the list. Nice to hear from you again (also thought the name
      was familiar).

      Val Lowrie wrote:

      > Jean died in Brod St Peterhead on 4 May 1822 and is buried
      > in Peterhead Cemetery and as I learnt from your list
      > Lair No C242, with other members of the LOWRIE family,

      The full information from lair C242:
      Lair C242 (Davidsons)
      Buried, name, age
      May 4 1822, Jane Bruce, 23, wife of Jas Lowrie
      Feb 21 1838, John Lowrie, 11m, son
      Jan 26 1842, Mary Davidson, 69, Mother
      Sep 4 1842, Jane Lowrie, 21, daughter
      Jan 31 1847, Jas Lowrie, 52, Shipmaster
      Hune 22 1850, Margt Lowrie, 9, daughter

      Lair C241 and C243 also belong to a Davidson, which would suggest a
      connection. Lair C243 has a Mary Robertson wife of Wm Davidson died
      1762 age 72. So this could take you back to the 1600's.

      If you could let me know your snail address again, I will send a copy of
      the three lairs.

      Not sure if you have your ancestors from the 1851 Peterhead Census, so
      here goes:
      District 4, page 4, No.15, 9 Maiden Street
      Margaret Lowrie, head, wid, 50, Shipmaster's Wid, Peterhead
      Bathia Lowrie, dau, U, 18, Teacher of music, Peterhead
      William Lowrie, son, U, 16, App. Seaman, Peterhead
      Ann Watson, serv, U, 17, House Serv, Peterhead

      Will have a look at the 1841 census for Lowrie and Mary Davidson.

      >From Crew Agreements register in Aberdeen, Source BT98/1:
      "Enterprise" of Peterhead, 102 tons, trading from Peterhead to
      Liverpool, 31/5/1841 to 30/9/1841, James Lowrie, born Peterhead, Master.

      If you are interested I can let you know how to obtain the Seaman's
      Ticket, which will give a physical description of your James Lowrie as
      well as date of birth. Do you have access to a LDS FHC ?