Re: [Peterhead] POLAR STAR whaling ship

  • CCI
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2003
      Hi Betty,
      James Davidson's wife was Agnes Forrest.
      I'm on Ancestry.com at the moment and found one Deveril.

      28-8-1831
      William Deveril seaman in Peterhead a son William.
      witnesses, William Deveril and John Catto

      Regards,
      Catherine

    • CCI
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2003
        Hi George,
        Not that I know of, James's father did'nt have a brother and I have'nt seen a Richard Davidson so far in the family tree.

        Best wishes,
        Catherine

      • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2003
          > The captain of the Polar Star was my great grandfather, Peterhead born James Davidson.

          Hi Catherine, Who was James Davidson's wife?
          I have a James Davidson, married to Barbara Gordon Diverall in 1890 in
          Peterhead. Barbara was b. July 17 1865 to William Gordon Diverall &
          Christian Johnson. Betty
        • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2003
            CCI wrote:

            > Hi Betty,
            > James Davidson's wife was Agnes Forrest.
            > I'm on Ancestry.com at the moment and found one Deveril.
            >
            > 28-8-1831
            > William Deveril seaman in Peterhead a son William.
            > witnesses, William Deveril and John Catto
            >
            > Regards,
            > Catherine

            Thank you very much Catherine. Betty.