Re: [Peterhead] COWIE-Peterhead & Longside picture of FORMAN

  • Mmm16dav@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2003
      Ed,

      I wonder if you would be so kind as to post the picture on the site. All the
      Foreman/ Formans in Buchanhaven originate from the same family.
      Members o fthe family are still involved in the fishing industry to this day.

      Buchanhaven was a fishing settlement completely separate from Peterhead at
      one time although now all joined up. It had its own pier from where the boats
      set out. Buchan is the area encompassing Peterhead, Fraserburgh and villages
      around. It stretched from just south of Hatton to New Pitsligo and inland to
      New Deer.

      Margie