COWIE-Peterhead & Longside picture of FORMAN

  • Ed Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 10:15 AM
      I have just found some postcards:

      one of them has no address or message on the back.

      The picture is of a lady and man standing in front of an over-turned dory on a beach. I believe this is from about 1895-1905 era.

      On the front is printed:

      "By Permission of Mr. & Mrs.FOREMAN, Buchanhaven"

      Is Buchanhaven the same place as Buchan? If the name changed, could someone tell me when?

      Any information greatly appreciated.

      Ed. Campbell
      Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    • Mmm16dav@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20 11:03 AM
        Ed,

        I wonder if you would be so kind as to post the picture on the site. All the
        Foreman/ Formans in Buchanhaven originate from the same family.
        Members o fthe family are still involved in the fishing industry to this day.

        Buchanhaven was a fishing settlement completely separate from Peterhead at
        one time although now all joined up. It had its own pier from where the boats
        set out. Buchan is the area encompassing Peterhead, Fraserburgh and villages
        around. It stretched from just south of Hatton to New Pitsligo and inland to
        New Deer.

        Margie