For Elizabeth Wilson

  • usstweedy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2003
      Hi Elizabeth
      Noticed you are researching Gibb's of Peterhead. I have about forty
      on file. I have John Gibb who married into my clan (Allan). John was
      born 11-27-1849, father: John Gibb, mother: Ann Davidson. John
      (B:1849) married Ann Greig Allan 12-31-1874. In the 1881 census they
      were living at 9A King st. Peterhead and had a daughter Anna B. Gibb,
      age one month.

      If you see any connection to your Gibb's let me know, as I have both
      ancestors and descendents of John B: 1849.

      Jim Allan
    • Elisabeth Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2003
        At 02:02 am 15/05/2003, Jim Allan wrote:
        >If you see any connection to your Gibb's let me know, as I have both
        >ancestors and descendents of John B: 1849.

        I can't see any immediate connection, but here goes: I have Elizabeth Gibb
        born 29.10.1826, married to William Gordon June 1849, died November 1881 -
        all in Peterhead. Elizabeth's parents were John Gibb, maltman or maltster
        (b c.1771, going on the 1841 census where he is listed as aged 70). I
        haven't found his death yet, but he was dead by the 1851 census as his wife
        is listed as a labourer's widow. He was married to Barbra or Barbara
        Grote or Groat who is listed as 50 in 1841 (= born 1791), 66 in 1851 (=born
        1785) and 71 at death in 1857 (=born 1786)! She was born in St Fergus
        according to the 1851 census. She died 25 Sept. 1857.

        Any light you can shed would be most welcome.

        regards,
        Elisabeth

        Elisabeth Wilson
        South Hobart, Tasmania
        SPENCE(Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen)
        DAVIDSON (Strichen)
      • mlarooij
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
          Hi Jim,

          I would be pleased to have any descendants of John GIBB & Ann Greig
          ALLAN as she is on the MILNE line I am researching.

          Cheers,
          Marion