Alexander Birnie & Elizabeth McKessock

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2003
      For Laurie Mallette,

      Alexander Birnie and Elizabeth (McKessock) Birnie are my GG Grandparents. William Spence Birnie is my G Grandfather.

      Alexander & Elizabeth had 7 children that I am aware of. I have a great deal of information on the family and would be willing to share all with you. I am most interested in your connection to the Birnie family.

      Linda Adam
      Ontario, Canada

    • Elisabeth Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2003
        Hi everyone,

        Did others in Australia happen to see Foreign Correspondent on the ABC
        tonight? There was a segment on the problems in the fishing industry in NE
        Scotland with heaps of footage of Peterhead and lots of locals talking
        (love the accent, made me "homesick"). Apparently the herring or cod or
        both are getting low and the EEC has put quotas on - halving the catch in
        many instances. Obviously very tough in the short term for locals.

        I taped the program so if anyone is desperate...

        I don't often contribute to this list but read everything with interest and
        have filed lots of lists just in case. If anyone has any knowledge of
        families who moved to the coast (ie Peterhead) from inland in the early
        1800s, even in general, I'd be interested. My Gordons must have come from
        somewhere. (I'm starting to believe in immaculate conception.)

        Regards
        Elisabeth

        Elisabeth Wilson
        South Hobart, Tasmania
        SPENCE (Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen)
        DAVIDSON (Strichen)
      • carolyn morrisey
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2003
          Hello everyone,

          Following on from Elizabeth's message, for those in Australia who missed
          Foreign Correspondent last night, it is repeated on Thursday at 1pm.

          Carolyn Morrisey

          Elisabeth Wilson wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Did others in Australia happen to see Foreign Correspondent on the ABC
          > tonight? There was a segment on the problems in the fishing industry in NE
          > Scotland with heaps of footage of Peterhead and lots of locals talking
          > (love the accent, made me "homesick"). Apparently the herring or cod or
          > both are getting low and the EEC has put quotas on - halving the catch in
          > many instances. Obviously very tough in the short term for locals.
          >
          > I taped the program so if anyone is desperate...
          >
          > I don't often contribute to this list but read everything with interest and
          > have filed lots of lists just in case. If anyone has any knowledge of
          > families who moved to the coast (ie Peterhead) from inland in the early
          > 1800s, even in general, I'd be interested. My Gordons must have come from
          > somewhere. (I'm starting to believe in immaculate conception.)
          >
          > Regards
          > Elisabeth
          >
          > Elisabeth Wilson
          > South Hobart, Tasmania
          > researching GORDON (Peterhead) GIBB (Peterhead) YOUNG (Slains/Cruden)
          > SPENCE (Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG (Strichen)
          > DAVIDSON (Strichen)
          >

          > Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/

          Carolyn Morrisey
          Reserve Officer
          Matheson Library
          Monash University 3800
          Telephone: 9905 2675
        • Ed Campbell
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2003
            Elisabeth:

            Good afternoon or is it morning?

            When you referred to ABC were you meaning Australian Broadcast C? or was it the American TV channel?

            I'm trying to find Foreign Assignment!

            Thanks

            Ed. Campbell from Edmonton, Alberta Canada

            searching Cowie, Adam, Robertson etc from Peterhead

          • Elisabeth Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , May 14, 2003
              At 06:53 pm 14/05/2003, you wrote:

              >When you referred to ABC were you meaning Australian Broadcast C? or was
              >it the American TV channel?

              Sorry, Australian Broadcasting Corporation. I think they said there was
              something on their website as well - abc.net.au/foreign.