NIGHTINGALE/LANE/PEACOCK

  • Dor
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2003
      Hi,

      I have just joined this group with the hope of finding some
      information. I have a John Nightingale who married at Whitby in
      1807, he was not from the Whitby area and it is possible, that he
      came from the Peterhead area. He was a sailor, born around 1784,
      that is all I know. Also I have a John Peacock and a John Lane both
      sailors who also went to live in Whitby, but not born there. They
      were born around 1720/30. They were all my Gt gt gt etc
      grandparents.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      Best wishes
      Dorothy
    • ThomS708@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2003
        I have an ancestor who married a Janet Peacock in the Scottish borders I
        don't know if that is any help.
        Sue

      • dot
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2003
          Hi Sue

          Thanks for the info Re Peacock. I have not come across a Janet Peacock, but as I said I dont know about John Peacocks family before 1720, it is possible he had a sister Janet, what year are you talking about? I will keep it on file 'just in case'!

          Best wishes
          Dorothy
          I have an ancestor who married a Janet Peacock in the Scottish borders I
          don't know if that is any help.
          Sue

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/

        • ThomS708@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2003
            Sorry got the wrong christian name his other wife was Janet it was Margaret
            Peacock and her son was 1704 so I think she's a generation before.
            Sue