Re: [Peterhead] clapperton family

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 4:58 PM
      Hi Sue,

      I have no Clapperton's in the 1851 census index for Peterhead or in the
      other indexes I have. If you are planning a trip to look at Peterhead
      headstones I'd suggest going to the Registrar first and checking the
      lair records (unfortunately they charge 10 pounds an hour), you will get
      everyone in the lair and knowing the plot number this will make finding
      the headstone easier. The other alternative is visiting the Aberdeen
      and NE Scotland Family History Shop, they have begun indexing the
      Peterhead Cemetery headstones, so this could be a shorter and cheaper
      trip.

      Regards, Wade.