Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Births

  • S.J.Inkster
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
      Anna,
      Do you have anymore details on 1895 HEPBURN
      Alfred Hepburn s/o William Hepburn and Isabella Bain
      Sharon

    • diddleysquat2002
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2003
        Information from Statutory Birth Index:

        1875
        Sutherland - Gunn, Agnes, Illegitimate, Sep 28,1875, 6 Windmill St.
        Parents: Donald Sutherland, Mason, 2 Rockwell Place, Edinburgh
        and Esther Gunn

        Forbes, David, Sep 29, 1875, 70 Marschial
        Parents: David Forbes, Cooper and Janet Willox Forbes M.S. Birnie
        (married May 12, 1875 Phd.)

        Chalmers, Jane, Illegitimate, Sep 30(?), 1875, Residence illegible
        Mother: Joan Chalmers

        1877
        Tait, David, Oct 24,1877, 10 Seagate
        Parents: John Tait, Fisherman and Georgina Tait M.S. Foster
        (married Aug 13, 1866 Phd.)

        Forbes, Mary Birnie, Oct 21,1877, Seagate Place
        Parents: David Forbes, Cooper (Jour) and Jannet Willox Forbes M.S.
        Birnie

        Stapleton, William Fraser, Oct 22,1877, 76 Kirk St.,
        Parents: William Stapleton, Dyer (Jour) and Margaret Stapleton M.S.
        Thomas
        (married Dec 02, 1876, St. Nicholas) Informant, Grandfather Geo.
        Fraser, occupier.

        1887 - Parish of Old Machar
        Mc Queen, Annabella, Illegitimate, Sep 26,1887, 23 Thistle St.,
        Aberdeen
        Mother Christina McQueen

        Birnie, William Duncan, Illegitimate, Sep 20,1887, 116 Spital,
        Aberdeen
        Mother Barbara Ann Birnie, Domestic Servant
        (Note: Paternity of child found by Dec. of Court-See Reg.of ? Vol.
        VIII Pg. 58, Nov 25,1887)

        McBain, Andrewina (female), Sep 26,1887, 29 Jacks Brae, Aberdeen
        Parents: William McBain, Housepainter (Jour) and Sarah McBain M.S.
        Willett (married dec 29 1877, St Nicholas)

        Hope this may be of some help.

        Linda Adam
      • Ed Campbell
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2003
          I saw your interesting email - my questions:

          What is the "Statutory Birth Index"

          How may I access it?

          Thankyou for any information you could provide.

          Ed. Campbell

        • wsbphd
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
            Have just uploaded the Peterhead Births index, it seems that I've lost my orginal database. I've managed to salvage a list from old web pages, but not sure how update this is.

            I know I didn't have that many records, as I've mostly been concentrating on indexing the death certificates.

            Again, if you have any birth certificates that are not in the index and you would like to share the information with others, could you please email them to me and I'll add them to the index, thank you.