Re: [Peterhead] James Davidson

  • CCI
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2003
      Hi Betty, it's Catherine in Australia, I sent you a package of my Ogston and Davidson families some months ago.
      Joan Ogston's father was John Ogston and her mother Margaret Calder.
      Alex Ritchie is puting together a catalog of Peterhead Shipmaster's, and that's probably the part you read about the project I mentioned.
      James Davidson died in Sunderland in 1901. I have the extract of his death, and it names the ship he was captain of. The THEODORA. His death certificate is held by the Marine Register, so the certificate says.

      Best wishes, Catherine

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
        Hi group, how are you all tonight.
        I thought this WAS a person in my Davidson's, but it's not.
        Might be of help to someone else.
        Catherine

        1861 census
        1 King Street, Peterhead
        John Cockbu???, head, mar, 49, Grocer, Banff, St Fergus
        Elisabeth do, wife, mar, 43, Crimond
        Ann C. do, dau, 13, Peterhead
        James do, son, 11, Peterhead
        John do, son, 7, Peterhead
        Robert do, son, 1, Peterhead
        Alexander do, son, 1, Peterhead

        2 King Street
        Jane Henderson, Head, W, 51, Cruden
        James Forbes, son, unmar, 21, Mason, New Deer

        2 King Street
        James Davidson, head, mar, 52, Labourer, Banff St fergus
        Mary do, wife, mar, 52, Peterhead

        3 King Street
        William henry, head, mar, 46, Rope maker, Banff Rathven
        Catherine do, wife, mar, 38, Peterhead
        Jean do, dau, 14, scholar, Peterhead
        Margaret do, dau, 9, scholar, Peterhead
        William do, son, 5, scholar, Peterhead
        James do, son, ?, Peterhead

        1 Constitution Street
        Ann Fyvie, head, mar, ?4, Dressmaker, Crimond
        Mary McBeath, dau, 9, scholar, Fraserburgh
        Margaret Daniel, boarder, unmar, 14, scholar, Cruden

        1 Constitution Street
        Alexander Greig, head, mar, 30, Wool spinner, Kincardinshire
        Mary do, wife, mar, 37, Kincardinshire
        Mary Ann do, dau, 7, scholar, Peterhead
        Jean do, dau, 5, scholar, Peterhead
        Jemima do, dau, 2, Peterhead