clapperton family

  • ThomS708@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
      Dear All,
      I am desparate to find the parents of John Clapperton who married
      Marion Henderson in Peterhead in1835 they then had 3 children in Peterhead
      before moving to Old Machar Aberdeen his death cert doesn't give his parents
      names but I do know he was born in 1804 his birth doesn't appear on the
      records site.
      Sue

    • sam
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
        Sue,

        Are you sure that he was born in 1802. Is it possible that he is the guy
        below?

        Sam

        JOHN CLAPPERTON
        Male

        ----
        Event(s):
        Birth: 17 AUG 1802 Galashiels, Selkirk, Scotland

        Christening:
        Death:
        Burial:

        ----
        Parents:
        Father: THOMAS CLAPPERTON
        Mother: JEAN PRINGLE
      • ThomS708@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
          Dear Sam,
          The John you mention married Isobell Davidson and his branch I have to
          modern times. The John I want was born1804 if his death cert is correct and I
          have his line to today but I can't connect him into the main tree but thanks
          for trhe help.
          Sue
          PS I think I'm going to have to take a trip to Peterhead fairly soon.If
          anybody wants tombstone dates etc from Peterhead or anywhere else in Scotland
          for that matter would you please let me know. I live 30 miles south of
          Aberdeen.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
            Hi Sue,

            I have no Clapperton's in the 1851 census index for Peterhead or in the
            other indexes I have. If you are planning a trip to look at Peterhead
            headstones I'd suggest going to the Registrar first and checking the
            lair records (unfortunately they charge 10 pounds an hour), you will get
            everyone in the lair and knowing the plot number this will make finding
            the headstone easier. The other alternative is visiting the Aberdeen
            and NE Scotland Family History Shop, they have begun indexing the
            Peterhead Cemetery headstones, so this could be a shorter and cheaper
            trip.

            Regards, Wade.