Re: [Peterhead] mailing lists

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
      Hi Barbara,

      2Barbara Croker wrote:

      > Hello Wade,
      > Thanks for your reply. I'm pleased to be part of the group. I've learnt so
      > much since joining. I have often wondered if the people who send large
      > lists of records to the group actually type them, or do they scan them and
      > then transfer from a Word file or something to the email they are sending?
      > I have plenty of IGI records but I have not the time to type them, and have
      > been thinking of scanning them for the group.
      >
      > Also, Wade, I have set up a website for Wick and Latheron in Caithness for
      > another part of my Scottish family, modelled on the Peterhead site, and
      > would like to know if we could link the two sites. There may be others who
      > have an interest in families in Caithness?
      > Regards Barbara

      I create all my indexes in MS Access and then use a combination of Excel and Word
      to create the web pages. I type the records for replies to messages though. I
      have set the newsgroup not to accept attachments to prevent the risk of virus
      attachments, so you can't send scanned documents. Also most people have access
      to the IGI, they are also available for searching on the net now.

      I have been working again on the new web pages over the weekend, so will have a
      different address soon (although I keep saying that). What is your web address?