Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead deaths

  • S.J.Inkster
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 26 11:01 PM
      Hi Carolyn,
      Could I get any additional info on:
      1901 Elspet Geddes and 1907 John Webster.
      Thanks in advance
      Sharon

    • Carolyn Morrisey
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 27 12:04 AM
        Dear Sharon,

        Elspet Geddes died at age 39 on 9th August 1901. She was single, a
        fishworker and resided at 4 Harbour St Buchanhaven. Her father William
        Geddes (deceased) had been a merchant seaman. Her mother's maiden
        surname was also Geddes. (Mother also deceased). Elspet's brother
        William Geddes of 26 Longate was the witness. I'm afraid my knowledge
        of illness is poor so I'm not quite sure what she died from - looks
        like Epileptic corn...Syncope (?).
        I will email a copy of the certificate to your email address. You may
        have better luck then me reading that bit.

        John Robert Webster, aged 5 years, died on 23rd January 1907. His
        father, John Webster, wsa a merchant seaman and his mother's maiden
        name was Ogston. Their address was 60 Prince St Peterhead. The witness
        was the child's uncle - signature is hard to read but appears to be
        C.F. Wills. John died from diarrhoea as certified by James Middleton.

        Hope this helps,

        Carolyn

        > 1901 Elspet Geddes and 1907 John Webster.
        > Thanks in advance
        > Sharon

        > -~-->
        > Questions.http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/FvNolB/TM

      • S.J.Inkster
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 27 12:52 AM
          Thanks Carolyn,
          I'm afraid I'm not much better at making out what her cause of death was !
          Thanks again
          Sharon

        • anna849
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30 5:08 AM
            Sue,

            JAMES CONNON, cooper journeyman, married to Janet Fife Will, died
            March 25, 1930 at 0h 45 min am at 16 Erroll St., Peterhead. Age 41.
            Son of James Connon, cooper journeyman, deceased and Jane Connon m/s
            Booth, deceased.
            Cause of death: acute influenzal pneumonia
            Certified by: Vincent B Yule ( MB ChB looks like)
            Death reported by: John Will, father-in-law and inmate

            Anna
          • J Adams
            Message 5 of 11 , May 6, 2003
              Carolyn,
              Could you please give me the details on Robert Carle who died in 1919.

              Thanks
              Jim Adams
              Message 6 of 11 , May 7, 2003
                Hi Carolyn, I have just got back 'in ernest' to my husband's Peterhead
                Genealogy. Will you send me a copy of the death certificate of John
                Webster age 5 who died in 1907, son of John Webster & Johanna Ogston.
                Are you related to these people? They are the parents of one of my
                husband's uncles. Look forward to hearing from you. Betty.
              • Carolyn Morrisey
                Message 7 of 11 , May 22, 2003
                  Here are some deaths in Peterhead - from 1900 onwards. If you want a
                  copy of the downloaded certificate, please let me know.

                  Jane BAIRD, married to George Baird, labourer. Died 8 March 1901 at
                  11:55a.m. at 7 Ugie Square. Age 53. Parents: William Strachan,
                  fisherman, (deceased) & Ann Strachan MS Geddes. Cause: Progressive
                  Paralysis – 2 years, no qualified medical attendant.Informant: George
                  Baird, widower, present.

                  John BAIRD. Died 10 March 1901 at 2 p.m. at 21 North St. Age 20 months.
                  Parents: David Baird, merchant seaman & Elsie Baird MS Stewart. Cause:
                  Chronic Bronchitis with gastritis – 2 months, as certified by D.
                  Carmichael MB. CM. Informant: David Baird, father, present.

                  Alexander Winter BREBNER. Died 11 March 1901 at 9:30 a.m. at 13
                  Seagate. Age 6 months. Parents: William Brebner, carter & Alexandrina
                  Brebner MS Winter. Cause Influenza & bronchitis – 21 days, as certified
                  by D Carmichael MD CM. Informant: Lizzie Brebner, aunt, present, 12
                  Crooked Lane.

                  George BAIRD. Died 9 Dec. 1903 at 10:30 p.m. at 29 North Street. Age 1
                  year and 7 months. Parents: George Baird, labourer & Maggie Baird MS
                  Baird. Cause: Tubercular meningitis as certified by James Middleton.
                  Informant: George Baird, father, present.

                  William GRAY, farmer, widower of 1) June Catto, 2) Margaret Brown
                  Milne. Died 11 Dec 1903 at 7 p.m. at Blackhouse Peterhead. Age 81.
                  Parents William Gray, farmer, deceased & Ann Gray MS Sim, deceased.
                  Cause: Old age, apoplexy, as certified by James Middleton. Informant:
                  William S Gray, son and inmate, present.

                  Christian WOOD, married to William Wood, fisherman. Died 14 Dec 1903
                  at 2 Auldmanythie Rd Peterhead. Age 45. Parents: James Strachan,
                  fisherman & Christian Strachan MS Buchan. Cause: Erysipelae – 9 days,
                  as certified by James Middleton. Informant: William Wood, widower,
                  present.

                  Christina BRUCE. Died 17 March 1913 at 9 p.m. at The Burgh Hospital.
                  Usual res. The Links, Peterhead. Age 5 years. Parents: Andrew Bruce,
                  fisherman & Williamina Bruce MS Buchan. Cause: Scarlet fever, as
                  certified by Norman Davidson MB ChB. Informant: Andrew Bruce, father,
                  The Links.

                  Mary TAYLOR. Died 18 March 1913 at 11 a.m. at 43 High St Buchanhaven.
                  Age 21 months. Parents: John Strachan Taylor, fisherman & Jane Taylor
                  MS Bruce. Cause: Otitis media – 3 months, Mastoid Abscess – 2 months 4
                  days, as certified by Jas. Stephens MD. Informant: John Taylor,
                  father, present.

                  Alexander Wilson BAIRD. Died 20 March 1913 at 6 a.m. at 9 Auldmanythie
                  Rd. Age: 4 ½ months. Parents: Alexander Baird, cooper & Margaret Watt
                  Baird MS Wilson. Cause: Convulsions – 5 hours, as certified by Jas
                  Stephens. Informant: Alexander Baird, father, present.

                  Alexander Birnie Rankin LESLIE. Died 30 July 1919 at 3 p.m. at 5
                  Roanheads. Age 7 years 5 months. Parents: William Leslie, cooper, &
                  Williamina Leslie MS Rankin. Cause: Acute pneumonia (septic) - 1 month
                  as certified by Gilbert Garrey MB. Informant: William Leslie, father,
                  present.

                  Alfred Baird McKENZIE. Died 1 Aug 1919 at 10:15 p.m. at 73 Queen St.
                  Age 7 days. Parents: Ruth Baird or McKenzie, clerkess, wife of
                  Frederick George McKenzie, fishworker. Cause: Icterus Neonatorium (?) –
                  2 days, as certified by James Smith MB. CM. Informant: Fred G.
                  McKenzie, step-father and inmate, present.

                  Peter BEAGRIE, stableman, widower of Georgina Milne. Died 5 Aug 1919
                  at 6:45 a.m. at 65 Marischal St. Age: 70 years. Parents: Peter
                  Beagrie, farm servant, deceased & Elizabeth Beagrie MS Morrison,
                  deceased. Cause: Bronchopneumonia – 8 days, as certified by W.B.
                  Tannahill (?) MB. Informant: Thomas Beagrie, son, present. 16 St
                  Mary Street Peterhead.

                  Mary Allan Blow TAYLOR, married to Robert Taylor, sawyer. Died 23
                  November 1935 at 22 Longate. Age 42 years. Parents: Robert Forbes
                  Park, carter, deceased & Mary Jane Brown Park, MS Blow. Cause:
                  Cerebral embolism – 1 day, as certified by John Findlay MB CHB.
                  Informant: Robert Taylor, widower and inmate.

                  Douglas BAIRD. Died 26 Nov 1932 at 10:45 p.m. at 23 Queen St. Age 10
                  days. Parents: Mary Amy Massie Baird, hairdresser. Cause:
                  Prematurity, as certified by Vincent Yule MB CHB. Informant: William
                  Baird, grandfather and inmate.

                  Ambrosina Ritchie TAYLOR, message girl. Died: 3 Dec 1935 at 9:30 a.m
                  at 18 Castle St. Age: 15 years. Parents: Andrew Taylor, fisherman,
                  deceased & Ambrosina Taylor, MS Ritchie. Cause: Lobar pneumonia – 16
                  days, as certified by James Robertson MB CHB. Informant: A. Birnie,
                  friend, 27 Maiden St.

                  Duncan McLennan BIRNIE, stone cutter, retired, married to Jane Daniel.
                  Died: 6 April 1940 at 9:30 p.m. at 82 Kirk St. Age 67 years.
                  Parents: Alexander Birnie, tailor, deceased & Betsy Birnie MS
                  McLennan, deceased. Cause: Gastric haemorrhage, gastric ulcer, as
                  certified by John Findlay MD CHB. Informant: Duncan Birnie, son, 23
                  King St.

                  Sophia MUNRO, widow of Angus Munro, cooper. Died: 8 April 1940 at 3
                  p.m. at 6 Port Henry Lane. Age: 80 years. Perents: Joseph Massie,
                  general labourer, deceased & Elizabeth Massie MS Cowie, deceased.
                  Cause: Cerebral haemorrhage – 4 days, as certified by Laura E?? MB
                  CHB. Informant: Alex Munro, son and inmate.

                  George BAIRD, ship’s engineer, single. Died: 11 April 1940 at 5:15
                  a.m. at 19 North Street. Age: 28 years. Parents: George Baird,
                  merchant seaman & Margaret Baird MS Davidson, deceased. Cause:
                  Disseminated (?) sclerosis as certified by Douglas McBain MB CHM.
                  Informant; David D. Baird, brother, present. 4 Queen St.

                  Carolyn
                • William Leslie
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 22, 2003
                    Hello Carolyn;
                    The Alexander Birnie Rankin Leslie of 5 Roanheads below, was my father's
                    young brother.
                    Regards
                    William Leslie