Catherine

  • CCI
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2003
      Hi group,
      I've been waiting for 3 months for two films to view. One for Slains OPR and the other I can't remember it's been so long.
      If I'd known it was going to be this long I would have ordered in other films.
      My Forrest's, George who married Margaret Shand were married there then moved to Peterhead.
      As soon as the films come in I'll post all the relevant info to do with Peterhead.

      Someone else on Angus told about this SCRAN site. It's about 30 pound to subscribe but they have a free scan search, very interesting. If you type in PETERHEAD it has pictures of Aberdeen, Longside (airship at Longside 1918) etc. Even if you type in Dundee, there's still some Aberdeen picutures etc.
      Pictures on both sites of some of the Peterhead made whaling ships that went on the 1892-3 Dundee whaling expedition to the Falkland Islands and then to investigate the possiblities of whaling at the Antarctic.
      http://www.scran.ac.uk/
      My great grandfather was captain of the Polar Star that went on that expedition, James Davidson, born Peterhead.
      Anyone searching the Davidson's, would like to hear from you.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine