Re: [Peterhead] mailing lists

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2003
      Hi Barbara,

      The newsgroup is still active. I guess it is because both Catherine and
      I have been quiet, but surely other members are looking at Peterhead
      records and doing searches on Scotlandspeople web site and could also
      share it with the group.

      Even though I've been quiet in the newsgroup, I'm still adding more
      records to my indexes. Now it's just a matter of finding the time to
      update them to the web pages for everyone.

      Four new members have joined the group in the last week, making the
      group upto 175. Thus increasing the chance of someone else finding a
      connection with fellow researchers.

      Regards, Wade.

      2Barbara Croker wrote:

      > I seem to be receiving no more emails from your list Is it still
      > active and
      > do I appear on the list ?
      > regards
      > Barbara Croker

      > Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
      > http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/
      >
      > To unsubscribe send a messaged to:

    • 2Barbara Croker
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2003
        Hello Wade,
        Thanks for your reply. I'm pleased to be part of the group. I've learnt so
        much since joining. I have often wondered if the people who send large
        lists of records to the group actually type them, or do they scan them and
        then transfer from a Word file or something to the email they are sending?
        I have plenty of IGI records but I have not the time to type them, and have
        been thinking of scanning them for the group.

        Also, Wade, I have set up a website for Wick and Latheron in Caithness for
        another part of my Scottish family, modelled on the Peterhead site, and
        would like to know if we could link the two sites. There may be others who
        have an interest in families in Caithness?
        Regards Barbara

        MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones.�Go to
        http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
          Hi Barbara,

          2Barbara Croker wrote:

          > Hello Wade,
          > Thanks for your reply. I'm pleased to be part of the group. I've learnt so
          > much since joining. I have often wondered if the people who send large
          > lists of records to the group actually type them, or do they scan them and
          > then transfer from a Word file or something to the email they are sending?
          > I have plenty of IGI records but I have not the time to type them, and have
          > been thinking of scanning them for the group.
          >
          > Also, Wade, I have set up a website for Wick and Latheron in Caithness for
          > another part of my Scottish family, modelled on the Peterhead site, and
          > would like to know if we could link the two sites. There may be others who
          > have an interest in families in Caithness?
          > Regards Barbara

          I create all my indexes in MS Access and then use a combination of Excel and Word
          to create the web pages. I type the records for replies to messages though. I
          have set the newsgroup not to accept attachments to prevent the risk of virus
          attachments, so you can't send scanned documents. Also most people have access
          to the IGI, they are also available for searching on the net now.

          I have been working again on the new web pages over the weekend, so will have a
          different address soon (although I keep saying that). What is your web address?